Jewel at Down In My Little Valley blessed me with the Christmas Spirit Award. We’ve just gotten to know one another through our blogs and her faith has touched me over the time that I have read her blog. Thank you Jewel. Another reason why I love Jewel is because she has my grandmother’s middle name. 🙂
The rules are to tag someone with this award that I know loves Christmas, and has Christmas spirit. They must link back to my blog to indicate where they were tagged, and they need to add 1 to 45 reasons why they love Christmas. So here goes!
Why I love Christmas:
1. It is the one time of year that most everyone seems to be focused on Jesus. Even though they may not know Him in all of His power and only think of him as a babe, I enjoy having them at least think about Him.
2. It is the only time of year that secular radio allow songs with the words Jesus, Holy, Heavenly, etc. to be played on their stations. It’s a pleasure to listen to the radio during Christmas. No, I never get tired of Christmas music. I love it. 🙂
3. I enjoy buying gifts for others. It is fun keeping secrets and watching their eyes light up when they open their gifts.
4. I love the houses all decorated with lights, reindeer, Santas, manger scenes, big lighted presents and Christmas trees.
5. I love the smell of all the baking and cooking. And yes, I love the food. What other time do you make Snowball Cookies, Fudge and Martha Washington’s?
6. I love going to church during the Christmas Season. There is just something a little extra special during this time of the year.
7. I LOVE the colors of Christmas. Red and Green all over my house and nobody thinks it’s weird. Oh, and there are splashes of gaudy gold too. 🙂
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!
Now I take great pleasure in tagging some of my friends: Tena, Mindy, Tina, Noel, Cassandra, Faith, Danelle, Susan and Becky.
Read Full Post »