Archive for the ‘Christmas’ Category
This is a picture of Nathan, Danelle and I singing, “Your Presence” at our Christmas Concert. The words caught my attention as soon as I heard the song.
“In the busy Christmas noise, All the light, the bells, the toys, I have found You are the only source of comfort and joy.
Lord, I want Your presence for Christmas. I want Your presence for Christmas. I long to hear Your spirit speaking peace to my heart. Of all the gifts I may receive, there’s only one I really need. And it’s Your presence, Your presence for Christmas.
When this Holiday is through and the year is fresh and new, what will linger are the moments spent, my Lord just worshiping You.
Breathe on me. Breathe on me. I want Your presence, Your presence for Christmas. “
I was thinking about this and how true it is. In all the hustle and bustle of the season if the Lord is not present for our Christmas, it is not at all important. This train of thought brought me to this, wouldn’t it be awesome if Jesus decided to return for us on Christmas 2010? How awesome would that Christmas gift be? Wow! However, He decides to wait, I still want His presence to be present at my Christmas.
Have a very Merry Christmas everybody! Be blessed in the New Year!
You can hear the song, sung by Sisters here: http://youtu.be/E2dK_adVYzQ
Jewel at Down In My Little Valley blessed me with the Christmas Spirit Award. We’ve just gotten to know one another through our blogs and her faith has touched me over the time that I have read her blog. Thank you Jewel. Another reason why I love Jewel is because she has my grandmother’s middle name. 🙂
The rules are to tag someone with this award that I know loves Christmas, and has Christmas spirit. They must link back to my blog to indicate where they were tagged, and they need to add 1 to 45 reasons why they love Christmas. So here goes!
Why I love Christmas:
1. It is the one time of year that most everyone seems to be focused on Jesus. Even though they may not know Him in all of His power and only think of him as a babe, I enjoy having them at least think about Him.
2. It is the only time of year that secular radio allow songs with the words Jesus, Holy, Heavenly, etc. to be played on their stations. It’s a pleasure to listen to the radio during Christmas. No, I never get tired of Christmas music. I love it. 🙂
3. I enjoy buying gifts for others. It is fun keeping secrets and watching their eyes light up when they open their gifts.
4. I love the houses all decorated with lights, reindeer, Santas, manger scenes, big lighted presents and Christmas trees.
5. I love the smell of all the baking and cooking. And yes, I love the food. What other time do you make Snowball Cookies, Fudge and Martha Washington’s?
6. I love going to church during the Christmas Season. There is just something a little extra special during this time of the year.
7. I LOVE the colors of Christmas. Red and Green all over my house and nobody thinks it’s weird. Oh, and there are splashes of gaudy gold too. 🙂
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!
This is an easy recipe for Christmas. It is really rich, but really good. 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 (21 oz.) can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 (8 oz.) cartons whipped topping — Cool Whip.
- 1 (16 oz.) can of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Combine all ingredients BUT DO NOT DRAIN PINEAPPLE. Mix well, refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Be sure to chill well. 🙂
Saturday Night was our church Christmas banquet. We had a super great time. It’s been a long time since I’ve laughed that hard. 🙂 We were entertained by, Head in a Box, The Chinleys, The Singing Nuns, The Twelve Pains of Christmas, The “Balloon” Ladies and many other things in between. Then to top it off with a “Touch of Class”, Luis Lenzi played his saxophone as only he can do. 🙂 Thanks goes to EVERYONE who made this banquet a success: Decorations, Christina Atkinson. Sound Techs, Kyle and Todd Valenti. Entertainment, Teresa Sarria. Caterer, Elegant Touch. Desserts, Tena Valenti. Clean up, Everyone & Omar Iboa :). Thanks again…You guys are awesome. 🙂